How to Commission a Painting - Photograph to Custom Art
Turn your photograph into an award-winning painting
This is How it Works:
Step 1 Fill the Order a Painting Form below.
Step 3 We will review your request and forward a quote via e-mail (for standard prices click here).
Step 3 You accept the quote and pay a deposit of 30% of the price so we can start the painting.
If you would like to know more information about the art commission process, please refer to the Commissions FAQ section below the form. You can also call me or send a text message to +1 (713) 202 9420 or reach us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take for the painting to be ready?
It depends on the size and medium, but typically take 2 to 6 weeks to be ready for shipment.
I am interested in commissioning a piece of art but have never done so. Where do I begin?
Commissioning art is a fun and unique experience. No matter if you are a first-time art buyer or a seasoned collector. It will give you an opportunity to acquire a unique piece of art suited to your particular requirements. It will also give you the opportunity to collaborate directly with the Artist.
How much will it cost to commission a painting?
Commissioned pieces are priced based on the size, medium (watercolor, oil and acrylic), framing and complexity of the piece. Please click here to navigate to the prices page.
What type of materials does the Artist utilize?
The Artist uses only the highest quality of materials (Daniel Smith watercolors and oils, Golden acrylics, Saunders Waterford watercolor paper, and Claessens linen).
What type of framing is available?
Framing is available upon special request and only to customers in the USA. Generally, the paintings (watercolors, acrylics and oils) are shipped rolled inside Kraft Heavy Duty Tubes. Paintings will provide the standard requirements for the Professional Framing of your choice.
Do I pay for commissioned artwork before or after the piece is complete? May I return a piece I've commissioned?
Before the artist begins working on your commission, we take a 30% deposit. This assures that the artist will be paid for their time and materials. Once the piece is complete, we will send you a high resolution image of the work. If you accept it, we will charge your credit card the remaining 70% and ship the piece to you. If for some reason you are not entirely satisfied when you see the image, we can make small changes. There are no returns once the artwork has been delivered.
When commissioning an artwork, how does the Artist work from a photo?
Photographs are great reference material when commissioning an artwork. The Artist however will not simply copy your photo, but will improve it and add his own artistic character. Also, if you request modifications to a photograph, describe exactly what you are looking for in the Commission Request form under the Description box. Also, feel free to call us to discuss your piece.